Wednesday 8 December 2010

Wordsearch

Did your teacher ever try to improve your spelling by playing about with words, setting you to split words to make new ones?  Find one animal in rational, two animals in battalion, and something you can eat in belfries.  Now give me a sentence about a rat, a bat, a lion and a portion of chips (for British readers). You may also like to rise to the challenge of the entire words, if you so wish... 

Emailing a friend, as new bloggers do, I looked at my title and saw it.  It was a kind of nudge, a jog to the elbow if you like, that underneath all the jokes, wordplay, bargains and bric-a-brac, allusions and alliteration - parsley, sage, (it didn't do very well on our plot), rosemary and thyme (seem to be surviving so far in sub-zero conditions); there is a hidden word.  Put your hand up if you find it.  Now give me a sentence, look, I'll start it for you:

"Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven."

No comments:

Post a Comment