Thursday 1 May 2014

Shower - Shed - Shower

Today is the first of May.  I celebrated it by planting out the remainder of the dwarf french beans.  This could be a risky venture as frost is forecast for the London area tomorrow night. As I finished it began to rain so I decamped to the shed, sat on an old folding chair and listened to the varying tempi of raindrops on the roof.  At one point it thundered. 

I waited for the rain to blow over, but after thirty minutes it continued to beat down.  It came in heavy pulses and had the intensity that I associate with July and August, when showers fall with a tropical strength.  I lost patience.  Nothing for it but to find an old bit of plastic bag, cover my hair and venture out.  Home I headed, ready for a hot shower and dry clothes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment